Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
Her darkest fight was her brightest light
- ISBN-13: 9780648243403
IN HOUSE PUBLISHING
Imprint: FRAYED EDGE PUBLISHING
- Author: Humphries, Kelly
- Price: AUD 24.95
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: This book is temporarily out of stock, order will be despatched as soon as fresh stock is received.
- Local release date: 06/11/2019
- Format: Paperback (210mm X 140mm) 220 pages Weight: 340g
- Categories: Biography & True Stories [B]Biography: general [BG]Society & social sciences [J]Society & culture: general [JF]Child abuse [JFFE1]
- “Have you ever felt trapped – like part of you is missing? Maybe you’ve had your voice stolen, or perhaps nobody will listen… maybe you screamed for freedom from the chains, but instead found yourself drowning in a lonely sea of shame. Have you been stuck on the merry-go round of life? Cycles repeat, through the day, echoed in nightmares and tears in the night.” Kel inherited darkness and was robbed of her childhood innocence. Kel was barely 8 years old when she was shown ‘what it was like to love.’The bravery it took her to break her silence 11 years later will move you, as piece by piece she brings her shards of shattered innocence together to discover her Unscathed Beauty. Maybe you’re like her, Kelly Humphries, and somehow you got caught in a situation which turned your life upside down. With a vulnerability and rawness rarely seen, this journey will take you on a roller coaster of emotions. From the hilarious antics of the Queensland bush, and Kel’s outback home, to the profound depths of betrayal and hurt that Kel shares in a way that few will dare. Kelly’s darkest fight becomes her brightest light as she fearlessly reaches into the heart of child abuse and betrayal. Her hope and heart to break these cycles of abuse, giving a voice to those who cannot speak for themselves by divulging, “her deepest, darkest secrets and how she found her way to the light”. (Melissa Downs – Australian news broadcaster). As a survivor with a law enforcement background, through her story Kel will equip and empower you with strategies, ideas, insight, love and hope. Join with her as she unveils “Unscathed Beauty”.
- "My greatest fear is that I have left it too long to share this message with those who most need to hear it; the time for me to speak up was yesterday. I feel a sense of urgency now to raise my voice and roar like a lion - fear has kept me hidden for too long. But I am not afraid anymore. I hope this book will impact people’s lives and help them realise that despite their circumstances, demographic or background, they can rise above any challenges and still shine an incredible light. If I can achieve this, I will know I have done something worthwhile and turned my mess into something powerful. While I know my story of childhood sexual abuse is echoed in the lives of thousands of people across the world, most of their stories, hopes and dreams will go unheard. It doesn’t have to be that way. I write with faith that sharing my story will open pathways of hope and light in many dark lives, as others are inspired, and given permission to tell their stories, expose their perpetrators and begin or further their healing journey. My ultimate prayer is that chains will be broken, abuse cycles shattered and lives healed. It is why my mother also shares her perspective in this book, which further shines a light on the impact of abuse on families and offers a greater perspective in a most unique way."- Kelly Humphries : Unscathed Beauty- Her darkest fight was her brightest light
- * True and emotional. * Raising awareness. * Author has growing aweseness and connections to various charities/orginazations.
- Google Preview content