The beginning of Primary School can be an exciting time for many children, whilst others may find this a bit tricky and challenging. In this book written especially for children, author and teacher, Sharon Witt covers a range of topics to help children (and their parents) navigate this time of change. Written in language for children, topics covered include: making friends, orientation day, teachers, eating well, routines, homework and more. Includes top tips by other primary aged children.
Sharon Witt has been an educator in Australian schools for three decades and is a highly sought after and regular media commentator on issues impacting young people, parenting and educational issues. She writes for a number of publications and is regularly interviewed for print media. Sharon is a best-selling author of 16 books written for young people to help guide them through many of the issues they face in early years, including the best-selling Girlwise and Wiseguys series, Teen Talk, and Starting Secondary School (co-written with Dr Michael Carr-Gregg). Sharon is also the founder of the nationwide Resilient Kids Conference, a one-day conference aimed at equipping parents, educators and carers in building resilience in their children and teenagers.
* A timely addition to an already established childrens book series in Australia, so will be a familiar format for many children.
* The first of its kind in Australia – a complete guide to primary school years for children of all ages.
* An easy read for children (older readers) or for parents to read to their children to help them navigate a range of topics related to school.
* Publicity for the book will be in three phases. The first will begin during the first week of September, when the book is officially on sale. This will focus on specific issues children can face during their primar school years. The author will be conducting a range of radio interviews across the country.
* The second phase of publicity with be before Christmas with the beginning primary school articles and the next step up from kinder into schools.
* The largest publicity campaign will occure over the summer holiday period from early December unti late January. National television appreances (The Morning Show and The Daily Edition, Channel 7), a range of media articles and numerous radio interviews across the country.