How your quiet nature is your hidden leadership strength
- In the uncertain, changing, globally interconnected world, the ‘alpha’ or ‘hero’ leadership style is becoming outdated and inadequate. Quieter professionals, who are often overlooked or taken advantage of, have immense value to contribute to organisations. In this book, Megumi Miki shares her own experience and those of many other quiet professionals who have achieved great success in the business environment. These real-life stories are backed up by extensive and fascinating research. Megumi believes that a shift in our beliefs about leadership will allow talented, quiet professionals to view their quiet nature as a strength and to succeed in their own way, rather than seeing it as a disadvantage. She aims to empower quieter professionals and those outside majority groups to fulfill their potential. Quietly Powerful challenges quiet professionals to reframe the story they tell themselves about their leadership potential – and encourages organisations to expand their ideas about what good leadership looks, sounds and feels like.
- Megumi Miki is a sought-after speaker and consultant in leadership, culture, diversity and inclusion, with a background in strategy, economics and finance. With a client list including National Australia Bank, Roche, JBWere, Sanofi, Computershare, Ernst & Young, Department of Health and Human Services and smaller for-profit and not-for-profit organisations, Megumi expands leaders’ mindsets and skill-sets to inspire diverse talent to flourish.
- * First Australian title on quiet leadership - overseas' titles Quiet by Susan Cain and Quiet Leadership by David Rock were both international bestsellers.
* Author has a strong LinkedIn following and will be poractive to drive sell-through.
* Will appeal to HR professionals, managers, and aspiring next generation leaders.
* 3 month publicity campaign, targetting business and mainstream media, print and online, current affairs TV and radio
Google Preview content