We’re busier than ever, with many of us feeling trapped, unhappy and unfulfilled in an effort to achieve the idea of success we long for. But the truth is that achieving this success – whether it’s an impressive career, status or wealth - can be a hollow victory. Executive Coach and former Fortune 100 Executive Yu Dan Shi knows this all too well, after hitting rock bottom in 2008.
In the new book, Come Alive, Yu Dan shares her personal journey as she quickly rose up the corporate ladder but ended up with a huge personal cost: a punishing workload while raising a family, and a daily battle devoid of meaning, failing health and misery.
For Yu Dan, facing up to the truth about her unhappiness was painful yet life-changing, especially after the long and hard-fought journey from her underprivileged beginning in a remote village of China. With a new vision of success and clarity about what truly mattered to her, she transitioned to a path of passion, joy and meaning.
Change doesn’t have to be daunting. It’s not about upending your life or throwing away what you’ve achieved. In this transformative book, Yu Dan explores the conflict faced by high achievers and guides readers through her four proven and research-based principles, giving you the practical steps to make real, sustainable changes to your life.
You can be happy now. You have the ability to change and transform your life, and Come Alive shows you how.
Yu Dan Shi is a sought-after coach, mentor and speaker. After hitting rock bottom in 2008 while working as an executive for a Fortune 100 company, she was compelled to search for more meaningful ways to work and live. Today, Yu Dan helps other professionals, executives and entrepreneurs live an inspired life. She has a Master of Coaching Psychology from the University of Sydney. Yu Dan is based in Sydney, Australia.
* Understand why so many of us are feeling unhappy and unfulfilled and how you can make the change.
* If you are questioning if there is more to life, this is a book that must be read.
* Learn what truly creates lasting happiness
* A touching and engaging book based on real-life journey and science of positive psychology, meaning and a life well lived.
* Full of insightful, evidence-based strategies that will help anyone live a happier and more fulfilled life.
• Channel 7 – The House of Wellness
• Foxtel – The House of Wellness
• The Australian
• Daily Telegraph
• Herald Sun
• NZ Herald
• CEO World
• Women’s Agenda
• HR Director
• Australian Financial Review
• The Business Woman Media
• Yahoo Finance
• Australian Leadership
• Wellness Daily
• The CEO Institute
Radio & Podcasts
• Ultra106five – Afternoons
• 4RO – Afternoons
• 2ST – Breakfast
• I Am Woman – Podcast
• RPP FM – Taking Care of Business
• Luke & Susie – syndicated
• ABC Illawarra – Mornings
• Synergen Leadership – Podcast
• The Mojo Show – Podcast
• Team Guru – Podcast
• ABC South East NSW – Mornings
• ABC WA – Early Mornings
• Eastside FM – Afternoons
• The Australian
• Chief of Staff
• Holistic Bliss
• Womens Network
• The CEO Magazine
• Q Magazine
• Get It
• Mums at the Table
• Living Now
• Women’s Health
• The Weekend Australian – Professional
• Alternative Voice
• Australian Financial Review – Life + Leisure