Overweight and obesity related health concerns are at an all-time high in Australia, placing increased burden on our strained public health system. People are desperate for a solution to lose weight that provides long-term results; and doesn’t mean living off grilled fish and salad. The recipes contained in the pages of Symply Too Good To Be True, More cooking for 1 or 2 people, are both healthy and delicious, which means singles and couples never have to miss out on the food they love. There’s now Lasagne to serve 2.
Annette has taken traditionally high-fat family favourite recipes and converted them into healthy options, often with a tenth of the fat. For example, in this book Annette has converted a Baked Lime Cheesecake from 55g of fat per serve, to just 7.3g of fat. Traditional Potato Meat Pie is around 40g of fat per serve, Annette’s recipe is 9.6g of fat. Macaroni Cheese, usually 38g of fat per serve, now just 6.1g of fat. All previous cookbooks in the Symply Too Good To Be True series have become best-sellers within weeks of launch. The longevity of the Symply Too Good To Be True series can be attributed to the variety of recipes included that are usually off limits to those on a weight loss journey. While many fad diets have come and gone, Annette’s recipes have stood the test of time, and the results speak for themselves. Susan lost 10 kilos eating tasty affordable meals. "I am a widowed, senior with some mobility problems and diabetes. My diabetes educator gave me a list of cookbooks to help me and so I selected your book Cooking for 1or 2. It became my bible. Such tasty affordable meals using mostly ingredients I usually have in pantry. Best of all I have lost over 10 kilos even in lockdown and feel healthier than in years." Susan Knowles – Avondale. NSW The Symply Too Good To Be True series are not coffee table cookbooks; they’re intended to be used daily. There’s no fancy, hard to find ingredients - all ingredients are readily available in supermarkets, and the recipes are quick and easy to prepare, which is important in this time poor world. A generation has already grown up eating these family-friendly recipes and now the next generation are seeking out these cookbooks.
Annette Sym is Australia’s award-winning, number one low-fat cookbook author and Australia’s favourite weight loss mentor, having self-published and sold over 4 million cookbooks. She once weighed 100 kilos and getting fatter with every fad diet she tried. A decision to give up dieting and become a healthy person helped her lose 35 kilos and she has been in her healthy weight range since 1993. Annette is highly motivated and passionate about helping others attain a healthier and happier quality of life. She consistently provides support in varying levels to those on a weight loss plan – through her cookbooks, Breakfast Shakes, mentoring program, newsletter, social media and weekly Facebook cooking show that’s been airing since April 2017. Her persistent drive and determination have been a huge contributor to the ongoing success of her brand; her cookbooks have been the number one low-fat cookbooks in Australia since the launch of book 1 in 1997.
* Symply Too Good To Be True – More cooking for 1 or 2 people is the latest addition to Australia’s number one low-fat cookbook brand and has been consistently sought after by fans. A much-requested second cookbook for singles and couples that includes over 150 healthy recipes that are quick to make using ingredients readily available in the supermarket. There is also a cross-reference list to assist with using leftover ingredients to cut down on waste.
* 25 years of brand equity and over 4 million low-fat cookbooks sold has built an engaged community of 24K newsletter subscribers and 29K Facebook fans. The weekly Facebook cooking show has a loyal following. All other eight cookbooks are best-sellers.
* Fresh presentation style. Each recipe includes full colour image, difficulty rating, step-by-step method, full nutritional panel, freezing guide and dietitian’s tip.
* Series author, Annette Sym, once weighed 100 kilos. A decision to give up dieting, and become a healthy person, helped her lose 35 kilos and maintain her healthy weight since 1993. She has used what she learnt to help thousands of people attain a healthier and happier quality of life. Annette is very relatable to her target market as she was once where they are, which inspires and motivates them to use the Symply Too Good To Be True cookbooks to lose and then maintain their healthy weight.
* Most consumers don’t just buy one of these cookbooks, they buy them all. The full set has consistently been the highest selling product on the Symply Too Good To Be True website for the last 13 years; and it’s not discounted for the full set. We’ve never discounted these cookbooks as we believe it would devalue the brand.
* Australia’s No. 1 low fat cookbook series, Symply Too Good To Be True, is ideal for weight loss, good health, diabetes, cholesterol and heart health. Often recommended by doctors, dietitians, nutritionists to combat obesity and lifestyle related diseases.
* Email marketing – 24K subscribers with a 30% open rate
* Facebook Page – 29K engaged fans – posts to promote stockists
* Thursdays with Annette, Facebook Live Cooking Show – Annette will promote stockists
* Instagram – 2.1K fans - posts to promote stockists
* Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns to promote new stockists by area
* Website – 101K visitors in the past 12 months, 77% new visitors (list of stockists will be included on website as available)
* Word of mouth – 26 years of brand equity makes word of mouth a powerful ally when announcements are made
* Annette is a regular on radio
* Annette is available for interview and is open to possible instore cooking demonstrations and book signings for stockists on application