Woodslane Online Catalogues
What's Your Message?
Public Speaking with Twice the Impact Using Half the Effort
- The end of Public Speaking as we know it! This revolutionary method shows you how to think clearly, manage anxiety and speak persuasively. It helps you bring your ideas to life with:
A simpler way to control nerves.
A simpler way to structure your ideas.
A simpler way to engage your audience with natural delivery skills.
Remove the obstacles to success and become a relaxed, credible and persuasive speaker.
The key measure of success for a business presentation is not your style. Its not your pretty slides. Its not whether you say um. And its not the colour of your tie. Its the clarity and recall of your message.
There are 3 things that make a great speech:
Connection with the audience
This book shows you how to master all three, and dissolve your public speaking anxiety - effortlessly.
- Cam Barber is a professional speaker and speaking coach who focuses on the awesome power of messaging. His background as a radio executive taught him how to get inside the mind of an audience and trigger message recall. He has worked with the following organisation as a script writer, messaging consultant and speaking coach: Walt Disney, BBC Worldwide, BP, CSIRO, CSL, Gilead Sciences, Scandinavian Tobacco, Anglo American, Bristol Myers-Squibb, Johnson & Johnson Medical, Nestle, NewsCorp, Fox Sports, Village Roadshow, Toyota, Shell, 21st Century Fox, Fosters Group, Kraft, Mercer, Seek, DaimlerChrysler, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Newcrest, BHP, UIP.
- Just before we get started...
The Power of Messaging
A statistical anomaly
One presentation can define a career
Messaging case study: Hawthorn Football Club
Internal messages (to players and staff)
The ‘glue’ that holds the team plan together
Game-day motivational messages
The power of messaging in 4 areas of life...
Messaging makes great leaders
- Gandhi - Spreading a new idea
- Nelson Mandela - His life in messages
- Steve Jobs - Chief Messaging Officer
- David Morrison, Army Chief - Changing the culture
- CEO - The reason for the new plan
Messaging gets your ideas heard
- Anita Roddick - Media exposure for free
- Allan Carr - The EasyWay to stop smoking
- Steve Waugh - Leadership for a new audience
- Politician-How much water to grow an orange?
- Doctor - Convincing people to support a new idea
Messaging builds your personal brand
- Jules Lund - Finding the message changed everything, effortlessly
- Janine Allis - Messaging allows natural style
- Senior Manager - Leveraging his knowledge
Messaging promotes your organisation
- Richard Branson - Nervous, but doesn’t mind
- The ‘Hot Tub Ski Lodge’ marketing message
- CSIRO - Securing science funding
- The Pope Francis effect
The Vivid Method for Public Speaking
Public speaking myths...
Body language: everything you know is wrong
Vivid Method Part One: The ClarityFirst Principles
Vivid Method Part Two: Create a Speech Outline
Vivid Method Part Three: Give Great Explanations
Effortless delivery skills
How to start a speech
How to end a speech
Optional techniques to engage your listeners
How to PROVOKE the mind of your listener
How to CONNECT with your listener
How to ACTIVATE your listener’s mind
Visual explanations - leveraging slides and visual support
Public Speaking Recap
So, to wrap up... bring your ideas to life!
Google Preview content