Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
Is the ability to read minds a blessing or a curse?
- ISBN-13: 9781611793864
Imprint: FIRESHIP PRESS
- Author: Murdoch, Kate
- Price: AUD 22.95
- Stock: 21 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 20/06/2018
- Format: Paperback (229mm X 152mm) 286 pages Weight: 460g
- Categories: Romance [FR]Historical fiction [FV]
- Is the ability to read minds a blessing or a curse? When Antonius’s father dies, he must work to support his family. He finds employment as a servant in the Palazzo Ducal, home of Conte Valperga. Sixteenth-century Pesaro is a society governed by status, and Antonius has limited opportunities.When a competition is announced, Antonius seizes his chance. The winner will be apprenticed to the town seer. Antonius shares first place with his employer’s son.The two men compete for their mentor’s approval. As their knowledge of magic and alchemy grows, so does the rivalry and animosity between them. When the love of a beautiful woman is at stake, Antonius must find a way to follow his heart and navigate his future.
- Kate Murdoch is the author of Stone Circle. She exhibited widely as a painter both in Australia and internationally before turning her hand to writing. In between writing historical fiction, she enjoys writing short stories and flash fiction. Her short-form fiction is regularly published in Australia, UK, US and Canada. Stone Circle is a historical fantasy novel set in Renaissance Italy. It was released by Fireship Press December 1st 2017. Her novel, The Orange Grove, about the passions and intrigues of court mistresses in 18th century France, will be published by Regal House Publishing in 2019. Kate is based in Melbourne.
- This title is unusual in its broad appeal from teens to adults of any age. It is an engaging, plot-driven story about family, love and identity. Kate Murdoch is very active on social media. She has a good following across all platforms. She has organised further reviews, features and promotions online. For example, Book Lovers Book Reviews guest post and worldwide giveaway, sponsorship with Women Writers Womens' Books in May, interview on 'The Book Podcast' in May/June, followed by 'Words and Nerds' Podcast in July/August. She will be also be part of the Bayside Writers' Festival in May. In August she will also give an author talk as part of the Dymock's Tuesday Book Club. As a former visual artist with a long exhibition history, she is experienced in self-promotion.
- Google Preview content