Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
UK Airfields Past and Present
A Directory of Airfields from 1908 to 2018
- ISBN-13: 9781781557921
- Author: Peerless, Grant
- Price: AUD 65.00
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Local release date: 01/07/2020
- Format: Paperback (276mm X 216mm) 200 pages Weight: 900g
- Categories: Air forces & warfare [JWG]Military aircraft [JWMV3]Airports [KNGV1]Aircraft: general interest [WGM]United Kingdom, Great Britain [1DBK]
- A great many books have been written over the years about individual airfields or those in particular counties/areas but this one covers a good proportion of them in one publication, from Abbots Bromley to Zeals. It provides brief details of over 1700 airfields from before the First World War to the present day and describes the main activities carried out, based units/operators and current status. It includes military bases, civil airports/airfields, gliding sites, microlight sites and larger farm strips, together with the probable number of based aircraft. An appendix lists over 500 books which have been published about individual airfields and this, together with the details provided in this book affords a convenient source of reference for further research. It does not pretend to include every flying site that ever existed as this would require a much larger volume but covers what are considered to be the most significant airfields of the past 110 years. It includes over one hundred photographs in colour and black & white, most of which have not been published previously.
- Google Preview content