Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
Adventures at the Top of the World
- ISBN-13: 9781782551973
MEYER AND MEYER
Imprint: MEYER AND MEYER
- Author: Zimmermann, Holly
- Price: AUD 29.99
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Local release date: 01/06/2020
- Format: Paperback (220mm X 140mm) 272 pages Weight: 0g
- Categories: Marathon & cross-country running [WSKC]
- Running Everest tells the story of a group of adventurers from around the globe who embark on a remarkable journey through the Khumbu Valley of Nepal, battling high-altitude sickness, deplorable sanitary conditions, freezing temperatures...and enjoying every minute of it! When they reach their destination, Mount Everest Base Camp, they turn around and run a marathon, the highest marathon in the world, back to civilization. Are they extremists? Or the new generation of ordinary people? Written with humour and passion, Running Everest explores the culture, inhabitants, and the delicate balance of Hinduism and Buddhism in the breath-taking Himalayas, topped off by an exhilarating race over glacial moraines, high altitude plateaus, and steep rocky climbs, all in the shadow of the highest mountain on earth. Holly Zimmermann, the first international woman to reach the finish line of the 2018 Mount Everest Marathon, recalls her incredible Himalayan journey. Fans of her first book, Ultramarathon Mom, will be thrilled to be reunited with some familiar names in this next narrative, including her running accomplice, Beatrice, a Zurich-based fashion-blogger who is equally tough in running shoes as in high heels, and Kyaron, a young Nepalese environmentalist. This book is for everyone: runners, trekkers, mountain lovers, Everest fans, and anyone who adores a good story. But be warned, after reading Running Everest, a part of you may long for adventure.
- Google Preview content