Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
Create Your First Computer Game in easy steps
The QuestKids do Coding
- ISBN-13: 9781840788709
IN EASY STEPS
Imprint: IN EASY STEPS
- Author: Bartlett, Darryl
- Price: AUD 16.99
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Local release date: 01/08/2020
- Format: Paperback (295mm X 228mm) 72 pages Weight: 0g
- Categories: Hobbies, quizzes & games (Children's / Teenage) [YNV]Educational: IT & computing, ICT [YQTU]
Who are The QuestKids®?
Dan Devices and Tiffany Tech are the best of friends, and an amazing team who love to explore and help each other whenever they can. Dan adores devices; Tiff loves tech, and both are on a constant quest to learn new things and look for fun and adventure in everything they do. The friends are joined by their pets, Smuffy and Chew-Chew, who help them out in their own special way. Together, they are The QuestKids!
Using a great storyline and delightful images, Create Your First Computer Game in easy steps teaches children aged 7+ how to create their own space shooter game for PC using the Python programming language.
The game explained:
- The player will control a spaceship and have to eliminate or avoid aliens.
- The aliens will appear randomly on the screen.
- If the player shoots an alien, their score will be increased.
- If the alien hits the spaceship then they will lose a life.
- Once the player is out of lives, the game will end.
- The overall goal of the game is to get the highest score possible before you lose all of your lives.
Children will learn how to:
- Add a spaceship to the screen.
- Add a background to the game.
- Move and animate the spaceship.
- Fire from the spaceship.
- Add aliens to the screen/alien movement.
- Randomise the aliens coming onto the screen.
- Remove/animate aliens once they have been eliminated.
- Implement a scoring system.
- Implement a lives system.
- Add a Game Over screen.
A supporting website (thequestkids.com) will provide readers with downloadable resources and additional interactive learning. The coding steps are shown in the familiar In Easy Steps style, and presented in child-friendly language. By the end of the book, children will have a fully-functional computer game and a great book to refer back to for future projects.
Darryl Bartlett has a wide experience in the world of web design and development especially using the WordPress platform. He first got into Web Development during his studies where he was building basic websites using HTML. He has since gone on to build his skill set and worked with top professional Web Development companies. He also builds websites for local businesses on a freelance basis, and works on apps for various platforms. Darryl is also the author of WordPress in easy steps.
- Coding for children has become a popular area in computing books.
- By creating a storyline about an area children are interested in, this guide will make coding fun.
- Supported by a designated website for downloadable resources and further interactive learning.
- The series is developed and designed by the In Easy Steps Team.
- Google Preview content