“Most of us are loathe to address the realities of aging and dying, despite the wealth of evidence that satisfaction and serenity in late life are grounded in exactly that. Anne Ring to the rescue! Her accessible, meticulously researched, wide-ranging book is packed with science and stories about the positives and pitfalls of growing old. Readers will come away equipped to make the most of the years ahead, whatever they may hold.” - Ashton Applewhite, author of This Chair Rocks: A Manifesto Against Ageism
“Anne Ring has done us all a service by writing a really practical handbook which will not only help all of us age well but which also rebuts a host of false stereotypes about older people … This book will help us all to have a better and more engaged quality of life as we age. It will also be invaluable to younger generations wanting to support cross generational solidarity and friendship.” - Robert Tickner AO, Co-Chair, EveryAGE Counts
Anne Ring is an 80-year-old health sociologist who also has degrees in psychology and anthropology, and whose understanding of ageing matters comes from extensive experience both professionally and personally. Her PhD thesis in health sociology looked at 50 years of health, body image and ageing issues as they were presented in the popular media, and since then she’s continued writing extensively and being “old and happy about it”.
* Extensively researched and up-to-date. * Full of stories, quotes and advice from people of all professions, passions and stages of ageing. * Broken into easy-to-read sections, with Annes Top Tips summarising key points of interest.
* Coogee’s Local Woman of the Year 2023 by Marjorie O’Neill.
* Invited as a keynote speaker of prominence at the Ageing Well in Unley Expo 2023, Adelaide.
* National Seniors: Our Generation magazine - Engaging with Ageing was featured in the Winter 2023 edition of Our Generation magazine.
* Beast - feature on page 30.
* Over60Sixty - Anne featured in Over60Sixty’s opinion piece, entitled ‘Attaining older-body peace’.
* Seniors in Focus 2023 - Anne has been invited to talk as a keynote speaker at the Seniors in Focus seminar with the Home Library Service.
* Jewish Writers’ Festival 2023 - Anne has been officially invited as the third esteemed panel member of a seminar, pertaining to ageing, at the Jewish Writers’ Festival, August 2023.
* Promotional images from Annes involvement as a panel speaker for the Jewish Writers Festival on 27 August 2023
* Annes interviewed on the ABCs Weekend Breakfast Program.
* Annes article, which featured in the Sydney Morning Herald (and also featured in the Melbourne Age) Ford, not Cruise, is the real silver Screen Hero, promoting her book. - https://www.smh.com.au/culture/movies/act-your-age-why-harrison-ford-not-tom-cruise-is-the-real-silver-screen-hero-20230723-p5dqjg.html?btis
* ABC"s James Valentiness morning radio program, 21 November 23, at 6.30am