Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
Reef Fishes of the Indo-Pacific 2/e
- ISBN-13: 9781912081349
JOHN BEAUFOY PUBLISH
Imprint: JOHN BEAUFOY PUBLISH
- Author: Bergbauer, Dr Matthias
- Price: AUD 44.99
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Local release date: 01/08/2020
- Format: Paperback (213mm X 150mm) 352 pages Weight: 0g
- Categories: Sea life & the seashore [WNCS1]
- The Indo-Pacific region is the dream destination for all SCUBA divers and snorkelers. The coral reefs in this region are bursting with marine life and are home to more animal species than any other diving spot in the world - more than 40 per cent of all coral reef fishes known worldwide. Added to this, the waters are crystal-clear, giving the best chance of viewing the underwater stars. Top-quality, close-up photographs of each species (in some cases including juvenile or sub-adult variants) are accompanied by detailed information listing identifying features, size, biology and distribution. The introductory section focuses on specific types of behaviour, such as mimicry, cleaning stations and the symbiotic relationships between various species. The species descriptions that follow are grouped in three chapters on fishes, invertebrates, and reptiles and sea mammals. Covering Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Maldives, Mauritius, Melanesia, Micronesia, the Philippines, Polynesia, Seychelles, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand, and describing over 800 species, this book is an invaluable identification guide.
- Google Preview content