Chain The 50 Years Of Fleetwood Mac
- ISBN-13: 9781912332090
DANANN PUBLISHING LIM
Imprint: DANANN PUBLISHING LIMITED
- Author: Chrisp, P.
- Price: AUD 39.99
- Stock: 198 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 03/12/2018
- Format: Hardback (150mm X 150mm) Weight: 900g
- Categories: Rock & Pop music [AVGP]Individual composers & musicians, specific bands [AVH]
They began as a little blues band in London, England, in 1967, named, rather bizarrely, after their tight rhythm section: Mick Fleetwood on drums and John McVie on bass. Fleetwood Mac. Fifty years later, as they prepare for their gigantic farewell world tour throughout 2018, they remain one of the biggest bands of all time – a position they have held since 1977 when, with the help of John’s wife, Christine McVie, and two virtually unknown American musicians called Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, they released an LP titled Rumours that went on to become the world’s best-selling album. That, in itself, is a remarkable story. Now consider the highs and lows, the successes and failures, the personal turmoil, tragedy and heartbreak through which this band has journeyed over the last 50 years … and the story of Fleetwood Mac becomes one of pure drama. The greatest ever rock ‘n’ roll soap opera.
In this independent, lavishly illustrated publication, music writer and journalist Pete Chrisp reveals the true story of how, over the last 50 years, despite all of those confrontations, pinnacles and all-time lows … the chain of Fleetwood Mac remains unbroken.
Pete Chrisp has worked as a writer and editor for newspapers, magazines and books since 1979. His first book, co-written with the
musician Gerry McAvoy, was the highly acclaimed Riding Shotgun: 35 Years on the Road with Rory Gallagher and Nine Below Zero.
He lives in Kent, England.
• An in-depth, 36,000-word analysis covering the band’s history
from Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac in 1967 through to their current
swansong days as one of the biggest bands in the world
• A perfect tie-in with Fleetwood Mac’s much-anticipated Farewell World
Tour throughout 2018
• Detailed inside information from close associates of the band
• Every Fleetwood Mac album reviewed and rated – from worst to best
• Brief biographies of every Fleetwood Mac band member since 1967
• Superb b/w and colour photographs of the band throughout their
careers, on- and off-stage, and many rarely seen before
- Google Preview content