- Price: AUD 0.00
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: This book is temporarily out of stock, order will be despatched as soon as fresh stock is received.
- Local release date:
In this bestselling edition of Blue Mountains Best Bushwalks, Veechi Stuart, local author and resident of 20 years, combines her professional writing skills with her passion for bushwalking. In her choice of the best bushwalks, she includes not only the classic walks listed in many guidebooks, but also the quieter tracks that few know exist, as well as some of the more historic walks that are in danger of being forgotten. Veechi, and local nature photographer Scott Townsend, complement these detailed descriptions with over 150 full-colour photos, and detailed full-colour maps also accompany almost all the walks. Blue Mountains Best Bushwalks includes a range of walks from 30 minute strolls to 2-day overnight adventures, and is full of suggestions for parties of differing experience. If you love to get out and about then this is a book for you, regardless of your fitness level or bushwalking experience. This 2nd edition has been updated with all walks re-walked and amended as required, and includes a new section, "Further Afield", detailing some of the best walks just outside the core area of the Blue Mountains in places such as Jenolan Caves and Mt Wilson, plus a new atlas section so you will easily find the start of each walk.
Veechi Stuart is a freelance author, journalist and former Sydney Morning Herald columnist. Veechi has lived in the Blue Mountains since 1987 and is passionate about bushwalking, the local community and the environment. Veechi is also the author of Sydneys Best Bush, Park and City Walks and co-author of Sydneys Best Picnic Spots, Parks and Reserves.
- Walk location map
- Introduction: Walk grades and times; Safety; Navigation; Track changes; Looking after the bush
- Walks at a glance
- Blue Mountains Best Bushwalks: Mount Victoria; Blackheath; Katoomba; Leura; Wentworth Falls; Lawson to Springwood; Warimoo to Genbrook; Exploring further afield
- Location maps: Katoomba, Leura and Wentworth Falls; Mount Victoria and Blackheath; Lawson to Springwood; Warrimoo to Glenbrook
- Guided walks
- Bushwalking Clubs
- Maps symbols and legend
- Part of Australia’s best-selling walking guide series with over 20 titles and nearly 200,000 copies in print
- Covers a variety of short walks, half-day walks & longer walks
- Learn about local history, culture and the environment
- Discover the bext walks for families and children
- Find out about local activities and attractions
- Includes colour maps, photos and detailed walk notes
- Google Preview content