Best Village & Coastal Walks of the Sunshine Coast
The full-colour guide to over 36 fantastic walks
- ISBN-13: 9781921683237
Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: McLay, Dianne and Balfour, Virginia
- Price: AUD 29.95
- Stock: 85 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 29/11/2010
- Format: Paperback (220mm X 130mm) 192 pages Weight: 400g
- Categories: Walking, hiking, trekking [WSZC]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]Queensland [1MBFQ]
The Sunshine Coast boasts a huge range of beautiful environments, making the region perfect for exploring on foot. Best Village & Coastal Walks of the Sunshine Coast, a new book in Woodslanes hugely successful walking guides series, introduces the best walks for visitors and residents alike, ranging from leisurely beach-side cliff- top strolls to the more rugged tracks deeper in the bush. Detailed descriptions and maps help the reader explore the regions parks, bushland, rivers, coasts and most interesting urban areas. As with previous titles in the series, the book is richly illustrated with over 150 full- colour photographs and dozens of detailed maps. A summary table of walks indicating distances, facilities and highlights is included to help the reader find exactly the right walk for the occasion. Covers the full coastal stretch from Noosa Heads to Bribie Island and inland to Mapleton and Maleny.
Dianne McLay is a freelance writer and author of Woodslane guidebooks Brisbanes Best Bush, Bay and City Walks and Best of Brisbane. Her photography is also featured in Building Brisbanes History.
Virginia Balfour has walked many of the worlds great walks. She spent many years working as an investigative journalist and television producer in the UK before emigrating to Australia.
- Regional map
- Guided walks
- Walks at a glance
- Best Village & Coastal Walks of the Sunshine Coast: Noosa and around; Coolum; Maroochydore; Caloundra and Bribie Island; Glass House Mountains; Mountain Villages
- Location maps: Northern Sunshine Coast; Central Sunshine Coast; Inland Sunshine Coast
- Translink network map
- Useful contacts
- Sunshine Coast wildlife
- About the author and acknowledgements
- Part of Australia’s best-selling walking guide series with over 20 titles and nearly 200,000 copies in print
- The full-colour guide to 36 fantastic walks
- Discover a variety of short, half-day and longer walks
- Learn about the local history and environment
- Find out about local activities and attractions
- Discover the best walks for family and children
- Includes colour maps, photos and detailed walk notes
- Google Preview content