Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
Best Walks of the Red Centre 8-Copy Counterpack
- ISBN-13: 9781921874208
Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: John and Gillian Souter
- Price: AUD 174.93
- Stock: 18 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 24/05/2018
- Format: Paperback (220mm X 130mm) 144 pages Weight: 2320g
- Categories: Walking, hiking, trekking [WSZC]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]
8 copy Counterpack includes 1 free copy
The heart of Australia contains a wealth of treasures: red-walled gorges, idyllic waterholes, fascinating formations and the culture of people who have inhabited this landscape for many millennia. It is a diverse landscape of arid flatlands, striped with ancient ranges and hidden, lush gullies. The best way to discover this colourful natural beauty is on foot. Best Walks of the Red Centre, part of Woodslane’s popular walking guides series which has sold over 100,000 copies, introduces the best walks for visitors and locals alike, ranging from strolls along well-laid footpaths to more difficult hikes up rugged ridges and along remote river beds.
The book covers many walks in and around Alice Springs, along the MacDonnell Ranges and the Red Centre Way, plus the iconic walks to be found around Uluru and Kata Tjuta, Watarrka and Rainbow Valley.
John and Gillian Souter live in a village in Jervis Bay from where they enjoy the whole of the Shoalhaven and Illawarra region. They are keen walkers, having written books on walking in Europe as well as Woodslane guides Best Bush, Coast and Village Walks of the Illawarra, Best Bush, Coast and Village Walks of the Shaolhaven, Best Walks of the Shoalhaven and Best Walks fo the Southern Highlands. They are also happy when cycling or paddling.
In this brand new guide, the veteran authors share their love of the Red Centre region, together with the wonderful discoveries they have made while researching these trails.
- The first book to detail the many day walks in Australia’s Red Centre
- Will appeal to locals and visitors alike
- Great value at $24.99 a copy
- 8-copy display counterpack includes 1 free copy
- Detailed route directions for a wide variety of walks
- Summary table of trail distances, grades and times
- Suggestions to combine trips with nearby cafés, activities and attractions.
- Further sections on the area’s most common birdlife and other animals
- Google Preview content