Great North Walk 2/e
Sydney to Newcastle: Australia's most accessible long-distance walk
- ISBN-13: 9781921874215
Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: McClelland, Matt
- Price: AUD 29.99
- Stock: 686 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 15/10/2018
- Format: Paperback (220mm X 130mm) 160 pages Weight: 420g
- Categories: Walking, hiking, trekking [WSZC]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]
The 250-kilometre Great North Walk winds it way from Central Sydney to Newcastle, threading through some of the most beautiful areas in between those two cities. This new guide has been written for anyone looking to tackle all or part of the route as a multi-day holiday, or those who want to dip in and experience particular sections as day walks. It has also been written to be followed easily in the reverse direction. Like all our walking guides, the book includes full-colour photography and accurate maps, easy-to-follow instructions and great local information.
Having developed a love of wild places through the Scouts, Matt McClelland established Wildwalks to share this passion with others. James Clyne is a keen walker and climber, and has spent much time exploring the wild areas of Victoria, Tasmania and New Zealand.
Wildwalks is a small team of professional bushwalkers dedicated to making bushwalking more accessible and safer for our community.
- Location Maps
- The Great North Walk at a glance
- The Great North Walk: Out of Sydney via Lane Cove Valley; The Benowie Track; Hawkesbury; Cedar Brush Track; Watagan Track; Yuelarbah Track into Newcastle
- Walking Itineraries
- Preparation and Safety
- About the Authors and Wildwalks
- Simply the best resource for anyone walking the Great North Walk
- Makes planning the walk easy, ensuring the reader has the best possible trek
- Full of fascinating incidental information
- Google Preview content