Best Walks of Victoria's High Country
The full-colour guide to 40 fantastic walks
- ISBN-13: 9781921874291
Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: Sheather, Craig
- Price: AUD 29.99
- Stock: 153 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 15/10/2018
- Format: Paperback (220mm X 130mm) 160 pages Weight: 420g
- Categories: Walking, hiking, trekking [WSZC]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]
This new guide is the perfect companion for anyone who loves walking in the High Country and its northern environs. The book features: 40 different bush, river, rail trail and village walks, varying in length from 30 minutes to two days; accurate, full colour maps and step-by-step directions; detailed walk statistics including distance, total ascent/descent, grade and estimated time; plentiful information on High Country history and its natural environment; walking ideas for families with children, including safety tips; and over 150 full colour photographs. With over 4 million Australians now regularly walking for fun and fitness, this guide book is the perfect companion for any resident or visitor looking explore the raw beauty of this incredible region.
Craig Sheather is a freelance travel writer from Albury, at the foothills of Australia’s High Country. Married with two children, he enjoys family road trips and a variety of outdoor activities including hiking, mountain biking, fishing and camping. Craig has explored parts of all continents except Antarctica and trekked in Nepal, Thailand, Peru, Borneo, USA and most Australian states. He regularly writes for outdoor and travel magazines and websites. This is his first book title.
- Mansfield and Around
- Glenrowan to Wodonga
- Mt Buffalo and Bright
- Central High Country
- East to Corryong
- New to Australia’s best-selling walking guide series with over 20 titles and over 200,000 copies in print
- Covers a variety of short walks, half-day walks & longer walks
- Covers one of Australia’s favourite walking destinations
- Google Preview content