Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
Carly Mills Pioneer Girl - A New World
- ISBN-13: 9781922265074
BIG SKY PUBLISHING
Imprint: BIG SKY PUBLISHING
- Author: Jane Smith and Illustrated by Pat Kan
- Price: AUD 12.50
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Local release date: 01/05/2020
- Format: Paperback (198mm X 128mm) 140 pages Weight: 0g
- Categories: Children's, Teenage & educational [Y]Children's / Teenage fiction & true stories [YF]Classic fiction (Children's / Teenage) [YFA]General fiction (Children's / Teenage) [YFB]Adventure stories (Children's / Teenage) [YFC]Historical fiction (Children's / Teenage) [YFT]Interest age: from c 6 years [5AG]
A groundbreaking new time-travelling fiction book that celebrates the courage and contribution of some of the worlds most inspiring pioneering women! It’s not easy coming to the city all alone when you’re a young country girl. It’s even harder when a strange discovery sends you back in time to 1841! Carly Mills is about to learn how dangerous Sydney can be for a lonely colonial girl … and how hard it is to move in a corset! Caroline Chisholm tells her that kindness and friendship can make the world a better place. Could Mrs Chisolm be right?
Jane Smith is an award-winning author, who has children’s books shortlisted by the ABIA and longlisted by CBCA. Her Australian Bushranger non-fiction series, and the contemporary and original Tommy Bell Bushranger Boy fiction series, have delighted young readers, parents and educators. Jane is a talented author, librarian, editor and historical researcher with a passion for bringing history to young readers in an easily accessible way. ABOUT THE ILLUSTRATOR Pat Kan is a talented and versatile artist, illustrator and graphic designer. He has illustrated several children’s books including The Australian Bushranger series and the Tommy Bell Bushranger Boy series as well picture books: There’s a Koala in My Kitchen, There’s a Magpie in My Soup and Paint with Magic. - Toowoomba Qld
ABOUT THE ILLUSTRATOR Pat Kan is a talented and versatile artist, illustrator and graphic designer. He has illustrated several children’s books including The Australian Bushranger series and the Tommy Bell Bushranger Boy series as well picture books: There’s a Koala in My Kitchen, There’s a Magpie in My Soup and Paint with Magic. - Melbourne
* The clever blend of fiction and history brings Australia’s past to life for younger readers and will appeal to children, including reluctant readers.
* A fast-paced series full of action, adventure and dialogue featuring the true stories of the pioneering women of Australia.
* Using excellent role models depicts that with perseverance gender stereotypes and barriers can be overcome.
* Features inspirational women from all walks of life: social reformers, musicians, writers, doctors, Aboriginal activists, politicians and more.
* Jane Smith is also the author of the ABIA shortlisted Australian Bushranger series and the Tommy Bell Bushranger Boy series – longlisted in the 2017 ABIA Children’s Book of the Year Awards.
* While Carly and her friends are fictional, each adventure in the series is based on a true story.
* Online and social media publicity and marketing
- Google Preview content