Woodslane Online Catalogues
Grandpa's Farm: A Summer's Day
- Matt is spending his summer holidays on Grandpa’s Farm. Through Matt’s eyes we get an inside look at the joys and challenges of family life on a farm with all the drama of a bush fire. The story affirms the courage of people young and old when threatened with a bush fire. A stirringly personal account of farm life.
- Alan Robinson was born and raised in south-west NSW, part of a farming family. His first-hand experience of life on the land is a strong influence on his writing and illustration. He and wife Sharyn reside in Orange, NSW. He is currently working on the next two Grandpa’s Farm books, An Autumn Day and A Winter's Day, which will be available in 2021.
- * Wonderfully depicts working routines and family life on a farm, through the perspective of an inquisitive and helpful boy.
* Detailed, watercolour artwork brings the scenes to life.
* This rhyming, informative story will appeal to children and adults, introducing readers to harvesting and livestock care, alongside the threat of bush fires that farmers contend with.
Google Preview content