Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
Prospecting for Gold
- ISBN-13: 9781922384027
Imprint: ETT IMPRINT
- Author: Idriess, Ion
- Price: AUD 29.95
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: This book is temporarily out of stock, order will be despatched as soon as fresh stock is received.
- Local release date: 26/03/2020
- Format: Paperback (230mm X 156mm) 250 pages Weight: 240g
- Categories: Humanities [H]History [HB]Regional & national history [HBJ]Australasian & Pacific history [HBJM]Technology, engineering, agriculture [T]Other technologies & applied sciences [TT]Mining technology & engineering [TTU]
The classic self-help manual for gold prospecting in Australia, by the author of Lassters Last Ride.
Ion Idriess (1889—1979) is one of Australias best-loved writers, with fifty-six books to his credit and millions of copies sold. When he returned from the First World War he wrote The Desert Column, about his experiences with the 5th Light Horse. Prospecting for Gold was his first major successful work; it immediately sold out and was reprinted constantly in the following years, as were many of his books. Idriess spent much of his life travelling throughout Australia, collecting material for his true-life stories, including Flynn of the Inland, The Red Chief and Nemarluk. He was awarded the O.B.E. in 1968 for his contribution to Australian literature.
* First published in 1931, still a classic. Published alongside Lassetters Diary.
* Review copies, some ABC Radio to promote Australia-wide.
- Google Preview content