Woodslane Online Catalogues
One woman's solo voyage around Antarctica
- Facing Fear is the inspiring true story of Lisa Blair who sailed into the history books on 25 July 2017 by becoming the first woman to sail solo around Antarctica. Seventy-two days into her circumnavigation, when Lisa was more than 1000 nautical miles from land, the mast of Climate Action Now came crashing down in a ferocious storm. In freezing conditions, Lisa battled massive waves and gale-force winds, fighting through the night to save her life and her boat. Following her ordeal, Lisa relied on her unbreakable spirit to beat the odds and complete her world record. With unwavering focus and determination, she sailed home, completing her journey after 183 days. This is the story of her remarkable voyage.
- Sailing her yacht Climate Action Now, Lisa was circumnavigating Antarctica solo, non-stop and unassisted with the goal of becoming the first woman and the fastest to do so. Lisa was awarded the Spirit of Adventure award by Australian Geographic and the Seamanship Award by the Ocean Cruising Club and finished off the year by partnering with The Magenta Project.org and leading the first all-female team in 16 years to race in the Rolex 2017 Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race on board her yacht Climate Action Now. Lisa has now sailed over 70,000nm.
- * Powerful true story of Lisa Blair's battle for survival.
* Teaches about resilience and endurance - important for adolescent readers and all ages.
* Advertising on Australian Geographic print and digital platforms.
Google Preview content