Woodslane Online Catalogues
The Long Enlightenment
Australian Science from its Beginning to the mid-20th Century
- A large colour illustrated book of Australian science history and biography, containing rare maps and illustrations from the personal collection of Emeritus Professor Robert Clancy. His book presents the advancements that Australia has contributed to the world in wide-ranging fields like Biology, Physics, Astronomy and Geology, and encourages Australia to get back to it's winning ways. It's a who's who of several century's worth of scientific superstars, from pre-Colonial times to the Second World War.
- Emeritus Professor Robert Clancy is a clinical immunologist/gastroenterologist, and received a PhD for studies in auto-immune disease. He has worked in Canada, Sydney, Melbourne at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute, and was the Foundation Professor of Pathology at the Newcastle University Medical School, where he also established the Newcastle Mucosal Immunology Group. Discoveries have included the cause of Whipple's Disease, the role of T cells in controlling the mucosal microbiome, the defect in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and an understanding of the host immune response in the pathogenesis of a number of diseases including malaria, chronic bronchitis, Crohn's disease, recurrent vulvovaginal candidosis and gastritis. Dr Clancy lives in Sydney.
- Does It Matter?
In the Beginning
Agriculture and Pastoral Science
The Science of Survey
The Science of Astronomy
The End Game
- * Appeals to layperson and academic alike, both trade and specialist bookstores.
* Comprehensive look at scientists and breakthroughs that have influenced Australia's history.
* Features rare and unique maps, illustrations, photographs that appear nowhere else.
* Will be promoted at conferences, in academic journals, circles, etc. Interviews will likely be forthcoming.
Google Preview content