Nail your Renovation without getting Screwed
Tips and Advice from an Award-Winning Builder
- ISBN-13: 9781925403510
Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: Steve Burke and Suzanne Burke
- Price: AUD 34.99
- Stock: 1568 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 09/05/2019
- Format: Paperback (226mm X 170mm) 264 pages Weight: 500g
- Categories: Property & real estate [KFFR]Building skills & trades [TNT]Housing/property for the individual: legal aspects[VSH]DIY: general [WKD]
Nail your renovation without getting screwed has everything you need to think about before you get started on your home renovation and then while it’s progressing. Learn from a professional builder and award-winning renovation specialist – Steve Burke – as he shares the tricks and traps to watch out for. The book includes invaluable advice on such topics as: how to make sure every step in your renovation is done in the right order; options for an environmentally sensitive renovation; checklists for kitchens, bathrooms and home extension projects; and how to avoid becoming a building horror story! With more than 20 years specialising in renovations, the authors have amassed a catalogue of stories and lessons learnt, met all sorts of interesting characters, and have discovered the many do’s and don’ts of renovating homes. The book is also full of inspirational before and after photographs.
Steve Burke is a second-generation builder, founding his building company Amerex Renovations and Additions in 1987. Amerex was created because he could see a simple gap in the market: for a building company that homeowners could trust to do a good job and not rip them off. With more than 40 years’ experience in the building industry, Steve feels it’s now time to share the knowledge he has painstakingly gained and to help more people get the home they dream of: trouble-free, on time and on budget. Suzanne Burke has tertiary qualifications in business and professional writing. She joined forces with Steve at Amerex in 2010 and after working within the construction industry for just two years, was awarded the HIA (Housing Industry Association) Western Australian Business Partner of the Year and the following year won at the national level.
Introduction PART 1 – MAKING THE BIG DECISIONS PART 2 – PLANNING and DESIGNING YOUR RENOVATION PART 3 – GREEN HOME RENOVATIONS PART 4 – BATHROOM and LAUNDRY RENOVATIONS PART 5 – YOUR KITCHEN RENOVATION PART 6 – HOME EXTENSIONS AND SECOND STOREY ADDITIONS PART 7 – YOUR RENOVATION IN FULL SWING PART 8 - THE MAKING OF A BUILDER
* The first book of its kind specifically written for Australian home owners * Master Builders of Australia estimates $8.8 billion a year will be spent on renos over the next 5 years * Renovations in Australia are set to reach an all-time high – approximately 60,000 a year * The tips in this book could save a renovator tens of thousands of dollars
- Google Preview content