Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
Speaking My Mind
- ISBN-13: 9781925642810
Imprint: WILKINSON PUBLISHING
- Author: Mundine, Nyunnggai Warren
- Price: AUD 29.99
- Stock: 362 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 05/02/2020
- Format: Paperback (234mm X 153mm) 288 pages Weight: 400g
- Categories: Reportage & collected journalism [DNJ]Society & social sciences [J]Social groups [JFS]Ethnic studies [JFSL]Politics & government [JP]
- After undergoing heart surgery in 2012 and facing his own mortality, Warren Mundine realised he might not get another chance to say what he thought. By that time he had already delivered dozens of speeches and written numerous newspaper articles but he began to write and speak more frequently and truly speak his mind. Speaking My Mind is a curated collection of Warren’s speeches and articles since 2012. His writings on Indigenous issues have an overriding theme: self-determination is best achieved when people either create or are given the opportunity to work. His writings and speeches cover some of the most controversial and polarising issues in Indigenous affairs including Indigenous recognition in the constitution, the role of education in Indigenous communities, Indigenous enterprises, and changing the date of Australia Day.
- Nyunggai Warren Mundine AO is a highly respected and influential businessman, political strategist and advocate for empowering the First Nations of Australia to build businesses and sustainable economies. His life and career have been shaped by a personal commitment to community and economic development. He has nearly 40 years’ experience working in the public, private and community sectors. He has written regularly for the Australian Financial Review, the Daily Telegraph and The Australian and has also written for the Courier Mail, Herald Sun, Adelaide Advertiser, Townsville Bulletin, Daily Examiner, Centralian Advocate, Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, Spectator Australia, Australian Jewish News and the Koori Mail.
- 1. Warren is a high profile Indigenous Australian with over 22,000 Twitter followers. 2. Warren's book covers key issues affecting Indigenous Australians today and Indigenous issues that Australians should be aware of. It also includes articles about the continuing Australia Day debate, of which Warren is one of the most vocal Australians on and whose opinion is highly sought after. 3. Warren's previous book has sold 10,000 copies.
- Google Preview content