Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
The Inner Sanctum
The Secrets of Australia's Most Private Leaders
- ISBN-13: 9781925642995
Imprint: WILKINSON PUBLISHING
- Author: Kitney, Damon
- Price: AUD 29.99
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Local release date: 14/05/2020
- Format: Paperback (234mm X 153mm) 288 pages Weight: 0g
- Categories: Biography & True Stories [B]Collected biographies [BK]Prose: non-fiction [DN]Reportage & collected journalism [DNJ]Press & journalism [KNTJ]
- The Inner Sanctum is a sample of Damon Kitney’s finest catch over a decade of working for The Australian newspaper. It is a product of his firm belief that behind the share prices, EBITDA and endless sanitised investor briefings, it is still human beings that are our leaders. From Mike Cannon-Brookes nursing his children or Malcolm Broomhead, Ray Horsburgh and Kathryn Fagg talking about their cancer battles, to Paul Anderson recalling his wife’s brush with death or Carol Schwartz or David Fox speaking affectionately about their beloved fathers, these are deeply personal stories that had never been told before. Some of the subjects in this book may have more wealth than any of us can ever imagine, run the biggest companies or sit on the most powerful boards in the land, yet they still have their own failings, trials and triumphs. The Inner Sanctum offers a different perspective on some of the nation’s most celebrated leaders of the past decade. They are living proof that power and influence are one thing, but humanity conquers all.
- Damon Kitney has spent two decades in financial journalism, including 16 years at The Australian Financial Review in a variety of writing and editing roles in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Perth, including five years as a deputy editor of the newspaper.
- 1. Damon's book The Price of Fortune has sold over 24,000 copies as of December 2019. 2. His key readership is The Australian newspaper, with a circulation of over 88,000. 3. This book is a collection of Damon's best writing from the last decade, it offers deeply personal stories of some of Australia's most celebrated leaders which have never been told before. 4. A rewarding read for those who enjoy profiles, business, management and leadership books.
- Google Preview content