Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
Grandad's Perfect Picnic
- ISBN-13: 9781925839685
Imprint: LITTLE STEPS PUBLISHING
- Author: Howard White and Illustrated by Katherine Appleby
- Price: AUD 14.95
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Local release date: 01/08/2020
- Format: Paperback (270mm X 230mm) 32 pages Weight: 0g
- Categories: Children's, Teenage & educational [Y]Picture books, activity books, early learning [YB]Picture books [YBC]Picture storybooks [YBCS]Interest age: from c 3 years [5AC]
- Grandad and Nana want to take a picnic with their grandkids, but everytime they try the weather has other plans!
- Howard White is a Sydney-based author. Prior to his first children’s book, his vocation principally involved the preparation of corporate policy and planning, with all the attendant strictures and business protocols required in writing in that genre. He has been an independent consultant, worked for some years in the administrative area of the NSW Department of Education, and briefly, taught English subjects to students in the Technical and Further Education system. He has a Bachelor of Social Science degree, and a Master of Business Administration degree. However, his principal qualification for writing for children is that he has six grandchildren, who provided the inspiration for Grandad’s Glasses. The grandchildren’s guileless approach to learning about their world, and their innocent teasing of Grandad’s idiosyncrasies is a constant source of wonder and delight. NSW, Australia. Katherine Appleby is an illustrator, artist and designer inspired by nature and intrigued by the endless possibilities of human imagination. She works across multiple artistic disciplines to create work that is meticulous, whimsical, quirky and colourful. Katherine has a Bachelor of Creative Arts with Distinction from the University of Southern Queensland, with a double major in Visual Arts and in Marketing. She completed a Certificate IV in Graphic Design and is currently working through the Diploma. In 2014, she was awarded the Golden Key International Honour Society award for Visual and Performing Arts (Painting). Katherine’s work has been published in various magazines. NSW, Australia.
- * Great relatable subject matter for family reading time, should inspire sharing of intergenerational fun moments together. * Gets readers to engage with the images and text as the element of rain can be seen but is not specifically mentioned. * Colourful illustrations with lots of details to spot in.
- Google Preview content