Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
What's In Your Heart Today?
- ISBN-13: 9781925839746
Imprint: LITTLE STEPS PUBLISHING
- Author: Louise Bladen and Illustrated by Angela Perrini
- Price: AUD 16.95
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Local release date: 01/06/2020
- Format: Paperback (270mm X 230mm) 28 pages Weight: 0g
- Categories: Children's, Teenage & educational [Y]Picture books, activity books, early learning [YB]Picture books [YBC]Picture storybooks [YBCS]Interest age: from c 3 years [5AC]
- How are we really feeling, have you listened to your heart today? A great introduction in how to pause in this busy world, sit quietly and explore your emotions. Then, through simple visualisation meditation, find inner warmth and peace to resolve personal conflict and find forgiveness. Louise Bladen’s profound yet simple language, combined with Angela Perrini’s stunning, whimsical illustrations, make this book a must have for readers of all ages. A beautiful journey of the heart that will appeal to both children and adults.
- As a classical pianist, Louise found that during long practice sessions the necessary mental focus gave her relief from emotional stress. Later she discovered that a similar but more profound state of peace and calm could be cultivated through meditation and mindfulness and swapped her piano stool for a meditation cushion! After years of teaching primary classroom music, she realised that there is a great need for children to learn some tools to help them de-stress and better cope with busy lives. Beginning with the simple practice of breathing, Louise introduced some meditation activities into her classes and discovered that children are quite capable of looking into their minds and really enjoy the process of cultivating a calm, peaceful space within. It is a wonderful antidote to screen overexposure. This wish to simply convey the great ancient tool of mindfulness and her great love of children’s picture books resulted in her books What’s In Your Mind Today? and now What’s In Your Heart Today?. From her experience in teaching meditation to adults, Louise can also recommend this book as a good starting point for adults who wish to learn basic meditation technique. When Louise isn’t sitting on her meditation cushion looking at her mind, she loves painting in watercolours, swimming, watching musicals and walking her four-legged canine friends Maggie the Hairy and Harry the Smooth, accompanied by her two-legged husband John. Angela Perrini is an artist who also teaches drawing. Her illustrations have been published in several children's books including Ava's Spectacular Spectacles, Santa's High-Tech Christmas, What's in Your Mind Today?, My Grandma is 100 and Max's Divorce Earthquake. Angela creates contemporary images that are watercolour based and digitally finished. She has a degree in Art History and lives in Puglia, Italy.
- * What’s In Your Heart Today? uses powerful, simple language, to clearly describe the practice of profound meditation, emotional mindfulness, as well as inner peace and forgiveness. * Whimsical illustrations make this book appealing to all ages from the very young to adults. * A delightful companion to Louise Bladen’s first book, an introduction to breathing and mindfulness meditation, What’s In Your Mind Today? a proven success with international sales in USA, UK and Korea and now in its second print run.
- Google Preview content