Why Kangaroos Have Pockets
How Animals Care for Their Young
- ISBN-13: 9781925847017
Imprint: AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHIC
- Author: Hanackova, Pavla
- Price: AUD 19.95
- Stock: 2121 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 20/12/2018
- Format: Hardback (280mm X 215mm) 36 pages Weight: 420g
- Categories: Wildlife (Children's / Teenage) [YNNR]
- When humans have a baby, they devote all their love, care, and attention to them. But how does it work in the animal world? Are animals also diligent parents? Surprisingly, parenthood in the animal kingdom is very diverse. You can find parents who share the child-rearing duties equally and hand down all the knowledge their young will need in life. In other families, just the mum or dad is in charge of the upbringing, and they handle it with great skill. But you can also encounter parents who don't look after their young at all, and leave them to others, or to fend for themselves. Let's journey through the wilderness together and meet various animal families and discover their different approaches to child-rearing. As youll see, animals have all kinds of creative ways to care for the young!
Pavla Hanáčková comes from a picturesque Moravian village in the Czech Republic that is surrounded by vineyards. She has been an avid reader since early childhood, and she has always longed to write. She is a graduate in English and Chinese from the Faculty of Arts of Palacký University, Olomouc. Fate has determined that she makes regular returns to her native tongue, as a literary editor of children’s books. A keen traveller, she draws inspiration wherever she goes, not least to feed another of her passions – food and everything associated with it.
Poison dart frogs
* Great book for shared reading * Beautiful, cute, colour illustrations demonstrating parent-child relationships between animals *Great gift title
- Google Preview content