Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
Why Rhinos Need Friends
How to help animals in trouble
- ISBN-13: 9781925847055
Imprint: AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHIC
- Author: Hanackova, Pavla
- Price: AUD 19.95
- Stock: 991 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 18/06/2019
- Format: Hardback (280mm X 215mm) 36 pages Weight: 400g
- Categories: Children's, Teenage & educational [Y]Picture books, activity books, early learning [YB]Picture books [YBC]Wildlife (Children's / Teenage) [YNNR]Interest age: from c 8 years [5AJ]
- There’s no shortage of stories these days about the impact humans have had on the planet. There’s plastic in our oceans and rubbish in our streets. More and more animals and plants are declared vulnerable, threatened or endangered every year and extinctions are occuring at a rate not experienced since the dinosaurs died off. If we take action now, we’ll be able to help species like the Sumatran tiger and the giant panda in their fight for survival. In this book you’ll learn about all of the dangers facing these creatures, including deforestation and climate change, and also learn what you can do to help change the situation for these amazing animals and plants.
- Pavla Hanáčková comes from a picturesque Moravian village in the Czech Republic that is surrounded by vineyards. She has been an avid reader since early childhood, and she has always longed to write. She is a graduate in English and Chinese from the Faculty of Arts of Palacký University, Olomouc. Fate has determined that she makes regular returns to her native tongue, as a literary editor of children’s books. A keen traveller, she draws inspiration wherever she goes, not least to feed another of her passions – food and everything associated with it. Czech Republic.
- Animals in danger Polar regions Polar locals Rainforests Rainforest residents Deserts Desert dwellers Mountains Mountains members Grassy regions Grassland inhabitants Oceans Ocean occupants Coral reefs Coral citizens Let's lend a helping hand
- * Beautiful illustrations from Linh Dao. * Features animals from around the globe and numerous habitats. * Fantastic shared reading book. * Advertising on Australian Geographic digital platforms and in magazine.
- Google Preview content