Western Australia boasts over 13,000 plant species and it can be quite overwhelming to the flower-seeking visitor to the state. This book helps the reader identify wildflowers visually, also placing them in areas where there is a higher probability of seeing them. Maps help the traveller find the best locations for wildflowers and accompanying text discusses the best time to visit. The book illustrates over 1150 species, so there should be ample opportunity to help find both the common and some of the not-so-common flowers.
Although born in the UK, Simon Nevill has spent most of his life in Australia. He ran tours for over 20 years, taking clients overseas and to every state in Australia including all the main desert regions of this vast country. Initially an expert birder, he’s developed a keen interest in wildflowers and other groups of the animal kingdom. He now has an extensive knowledge of wildflowers in Western Australia and enjoys sharing his passion and knowledge with others.
Chapter 1: General Introduction
Chapter 2: Where to see wildflowers in Western Australia
Chapter 3: The major botanical provinces
* Simply the best general introduction to Western Australian Wildflowers.
* The go-to book for Western Australia wildflowers since 2008.
* 1150 species illustrated makes virtually every common flower readily identifiable.
* Western Australia is the wildflower capital of Australia.
* Wildflower season draws thousands of visitors to WA every year.