From the authors of Australias favourite bush camping and 4WD guides comes a striking review of the High Country’s most aesthetic and historic huts. Lavishly illustrated with beautiful full-colour photographs, High Country Huts (paperback edition) is a nostalgic collection of abandoned mountain homesteads, shearers huts, travellers shelters and many other lonely structures. The text portrays a short history of each hut along with many fascinating accompanying stories!
Authors Craig and Cathy Lewis are full-time travel writers and photographers, mostly writing about Australian bush travel. They have had an enduring love affair with the High Country and over the last couple of years have tried to document as many of the regions historic shelters as possible. This book is the result of those endeavours. Craig and Cathy created the Boiling Billy imprint in 1996 and are based on a small farm in High Country NSW.
* A unique look at the most characterful historic shelters in the High Country.
* Illustrated throughout with photographs from Boiling Billys Craig Lewis.
* A must-have book for the many lovers of Australias huts and their history.
* The previous hardback edtion (9781925403398) has now sold out!
* Revised paperback edition of this beautifully photographed book.