Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
Babies of the Rose
- ISBN-13: 9781925927290
Imprint: WILKINSON PUBLISHING
- Author: Smith, Justin
- Price: AUD 29.99
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Local release date: 01/06/2020
- Format: Paperback (234mm X 153mm) Weight: 0g
- Categories: Fiction & related items [F]Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945) [FA]Adventure [FJ]War & combat fiction [FJM]
James Kite is a Vietnam veteran. He’s alone and at the end of his life, haunted by his role in the death of a mentally disabled Vietnamese boy during the War.
Grace Moore spent her teenage years hiding her body before becoming a plus size model and getting the attention she’d always craved. After she’s assaulted during a street robbery, she finds herself in a new battle, with depression.
The Soldier is a serving military professional. After a failed suicide attempt, he returns to duty in Afghanistan. One day while on patrol in the mountains, he cradles a local woman as she dies — an event that follows him home to his wife and newborn child.
James, Grace and the Soldier meet on Anzac Day while watching the dawn service at Melbourne’s Shrine of Remembrance. Has fate brought them together for one last chance at finding peace?
Justin is a Melbourne based journalist, broadcaster and writer. He’s currently the presenter of a national radio program across the Macquarie Network (2GB, 3AW, 4BC, 6PR), a columnist with the Melbourne Herald Sun, and a weekly guest on Seven’s Sunrise program and Sky News Australia. He has covered Australia’s war history through his writing and broadcasting — including Afghanistan in 2013 when he was embedded with Australian troops, for which he received an award from Commercial Radio Australia, and a live national broadcast of the 100-year Gallipoli ceremony.
* Based on true stories told to the author in conversations with veterans and serving Australian Defence Force members from six different wars and conflicts. Babies of the Rose is stitched together from many people’s stories, told with startling reality and emotion.
* Justin Smith is a journalist with wide coverage to promote his book from a national radio program on the Macquarie Network (2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, to a weekly guest on Channel Seven’s Sunrise and Sky News Australia, and a columnist with the Herald Sun.
* For lovers of Australian and Australia-set fiction, Babies of the Rose explores themes of war, conflict and trauma, and personal healing.
* An exciting debut novel from a talented journalist.
* The author is an active journalist with wide coverage available to promote his book from a national radio program on the Macquarie Network (2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, to a weekly guest on Channel Seven’s Sunrise and Sky News Australia, and a columnist with the Herald Sun.
- Google Preview content