Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
How Political Correctness is Still Destroying Australia
The Latest Articles
- ISBN-13: 9781925927313
Imprint: WILKINSON PUBLISHING
- Author: Donnelly, Kevin Dr
- Price: AUD 29.99
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: Book will be despatched upon release.
- Local release date: 01/07/2020
- Format: Paperback (210mm X 138mm) Weight: 0g
- Categories: Society & social sciences [J]Politics & government [JP]Political control & freedoms [JPV]Human rights [JPVH]
The Political Correctness movement has become an increasingly global phenomenon impacting on how we think, the language we use and how we interact with family, friends and work colleagues. Following the success of How Political Correctness is Destroying Australia Dr Kevin Donnelly compiles he latest articles in this follow up to explore how political correctness is still destroying Australia. History tells us that totalitarian regimes whether communist or fascist are able to gain and maintain power by denying free speech and freedom of thought. While Western societies like Australia have not yet reached the same level of indoctrination and control it’s obvious that political correctness represents a clear and present danger and that it must be opposed if the liberties and freedoms we take for granted are to prevail. This second volume explores the issues that are threatening Australia’s cultural heritage and way of life, from global warming to sex and gender identity, refugees and multiculturalism, and more.
Dr Kevin Donnelly is one of Australia’s leading conservative commentators and authors committed to defending the strengths and benefits of Western civilisation and our Judeo-Christian heritage that are being undermined by the cultural-left’s political correctness movement. Over the last 30 years opinion pieces have been published in all of Australia’s mainstream print and digital media, including: The Australian, The Herald Sun, The Daily Telegraph, The Courier Mail, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, Newsweekly, The Catholic Weekly, Spectator Australia, Quadrant Online, the ABC’s The Drum, the Conversation and On Line Opinion. Previous publications include: A Politically Correct Dictionary and Guide, How Political Correctness Is Destroying Australia, How Political Correctness Is Destroying Education, The Culture of Freedom, Why our schools are failing, Dumbing Down, Australia’s Education Revolution, Educating your child: it’s not rocket science and Taming the black dog. Kevin is a Senior Research Fellow at the Australian Catholic University and in the 2016 Queen’s Birthday Honours List he was appointed as a Member of the Order of Australia for services to education.
* This book covers topical issues facing Australians today.
* Key topics covered in this volume are often major headlines and news stories, brought up in online searches etc, they are issues many are interested in reading about and Kevin’s writing finds a large audience based on this, as an Australian voice for many.
* Kevin is an experienced Australian voice on political correctness, having worked in the education system and written on such cultural issues over the last 30 years. He is a recognisable and trustworthy name in conservative Australia.
* This volume collects the latest articles since the previously published How Political Correctness is Destroying Australia in 2018.
* There is still demand for that title despite the passing of time and this new collection will build on this.
* This title explores a range of issues facing modern Australia, offering a ‘something for everyone’ approach, whether a reader is interested in more established issues such as multiculturalism or the hot topic of global warming, Kevin has a take on it.
* The author is a regular contributor to The Spectator and The Daily Telegraph and will promote the book in his byline.
* Sales of his previous title How Political Correctness is Destroying Australia saw a boost in online sales when mentioned in his articles.
* Coverage on The Alan Jones Breakfast Show.
* Kevin is a regular guest of various shows and festivals including the Festival of Dangerous Ideas in April 2020, boosting his profile and mention of the book.
- Google Preview content