Strategies for when things don’t go as expected in business.
Going Broke Staying Sane is the succinct guide for those facing the loss of their business and offers support to journey forward through this adversity and emerge intact using seven principles to adopt as you start over.
No one has experienced what is presently occurring in our communities, our businesses and around the world. But adversity is not new, and many of us have been challenged in our lives and our businesses in all sorts of ways. What has worked and has not worked in overcoming adversity and challenges is our reference point. And this reference point can provide an anchor and a pathway forward to those who may need it and those who are seeking to support others.
Going Broke Staying Sane was written using Richard Shrapnel’s formal learnings, personal experiences and from helping others. There are simple guiding principles that will anchor you in a position of stability and thereafter strengthen and enable you to plot the safest and most effective path forward. They are common sense, but that does not mean that in times of adversity that they will be to the forefront of your thinking, nor easy to sustain.
Richard Shrapnel has a passion for growing exceptional businesses and has spent his life understanding what makes some businesses great and others just ordinary. He understands strategy, growth, and competitiveness. He knows the theory and the practice, how to craft it and, more importantly, how to deliver it. As a strategist, his focus is on what creates success and understanding not only what makes businesses successful but also the people behind them. He is a writer, speaker, and advisor and he supports business leaders around the world to build great businesses of all shapes and sizes
* A simple guide for those facing the loss of their business with 7 principles to adopt to confront the challenges and help you start over again.
* Suitable for small business owners through to those working at the corporate level.
* Discover the guiding principles that will anchor you in a position of stability and strengthen and enable you to plot the safest and most effective path forward: Accept, Clarify, Action, Champions, Be Real, Care, A Light.
* Includes space for note taking and checklists for working through the practical steps of closing a business and starting again, such as compiling financial information and paperwork, employee obligations etc. Plus prompts for brainstorming including increasing revenue and pivoting into new markets.
* A timely resource for many dealing with changes to their business or work situation following COVID-19.
* QR code to scan and receive daily quotes and motivation.
* Coverage in national newspapers including The Australian Financial Review.
* Radio promotion with 3AW and This Working Life on ABC National.
* Platforms s including Business Insider Australia (76k Facebook, 47k Twitter).
* Interviews, articles and extracts with The Australian Business Review, Business First Magazine and more.