20 Must Ask Questions for Every Property Investor
New Edition Fully Revised and Updated
- A must-read for any property investor searching for the right property to buy. It provides in-depth information on how, when and why to ask the 20 Must Ask Questions® to minimise risk and maximise the chances of buying the right property.
First published in 2008, 20 Must-Ask Questions® for Every Property Investor soon became a bestseller, because it provides an invaluable checklist and outlines an easy-to-follow process which will lead property investors to make the best property purchase for their circumstances. The questions guide readers through:
* Which area to invest in
* Does this property meet your investment criteria and match your risk profile?
* How to secure finance to buy the property
* How much should you pay for it?
* Will it be easy to rent out?
And much, much more.
A lot has happened since 20 Must-Ask Questions® for Every Property Investor was first released, not least changes to taxation legislation and a markedly different investment environment. Margaret Lomas has revised, updated and rewritten to make it relevant for today’s property investors.
- Margaret Lomas is one of Australia’s most recognised and respected property experts, and the best-selling author of nine property investment books, including Investing in the Right Property Now! and How to Achieve Property Success. Collectively Margaret’s books have sold more than 100,000 copies. Margaret is the creator, host and producer of the Web TV property investment show ‘Property Investing Matters’ which can be viewed via the My Property TV (mypropertytv.com.au) website. She was the host of property investment shows ‘Your Money Your Call’ and ‘Property Success with Margaret Lomas’ which aired on SkyNews Business. Margaret is the Founder and Director of Destiny Financial Solutions, a company which has assisted property investors across Australia through mentor support and education for over 24 years. She is the past chair and a current board member of the Property Investment Professionals of Australia (PIPA). She is a past Telstra NSW Business Woman of the Year and Westpac Business Owner of the Year. Margaret is a qualified financial adviser and investment property adviser; she is Senior Associate with FINSIA – the Financial Services Institute of Australasia and regularly speaks at property expos and events. Sydney, NSW.
- The 20 Must Ask Questions (R):
1. What is the cash flow of the area?
2.What are the vacancy rates?
3.What are the infrastructure plans for the future?
4. What is the population and the demographic mix?
5. What is the competition?
6. What are the trends?
7. Is there economic vibrancy in the area?
8. Is the area close to a large town or city?
9. Is there diversity of industry in the town?
10. Is this is a niche market property?
11. Does this property match your personal risk profile?
12. What finance do you need to purchase the property?
13. Is the property priced at market value?
14. Who is the builder or developer?
15. Is there a rent guarantee?
16. Who will manage the property?
17. What is the age and condition of the property?
18. Is the property tenant-friendly?
19. What are the title arrangements?
20. Are you being commercial in your approach?
- * Margaret Lomas is probably Australia's highest profile property investment expert.
* The first edition of this book sold 15,000 copies (plus ebooks).
* Since the Royal Commission, people buying property are looking for sound objective advice - not sales talk!
* Margaret Lomas is a regular media commentor and will be promoting her book in all media upon release and on an ongoing basis.
Google Preview content