Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
But We're Not Lions
- ISBN-13: 9780648488859
Imprint: HEY SIGMUND
- Author: Karen Young and Illustrated by Norvile Dovidonyte
- Price: AUD 24.95
- Stock: 72 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 15/11/2019
- Format: Hardback (270mm X 210mm) 36 pages Weight: 420g
- Categories: Bullying & anti-bullying strategies [JNHB]Children's, Teenage & educational [Y]Picture books, activity books, early learning [YB]Picture books [YBC]Picture storybooks [YBCS]Personal/social issues:bullying,/abuse(Child/Teen)[YXC]Personal/social issues: self-esteem (Childr/Teen) [YXL]Interest age: from c 5 years [5AF]
The animals were mighty and magnificent, but they were miserable! For way too long, theyd been forced to become something that didn’t feel right - something that felt too much like bad days and scratchy things. The animals needed a hero, or someone to show them that a hero was in each of them all along. A book about boundaries, peer pressure, self-esteem, and self-acceptance, and a reminder for all kids that the very best thing about them, is them.
Karen began her career as a psychologist before she founded www.heysigmund.com, the website that brings the science of psychology to the art of being human. She has an honours degree in psychology and masters in Gestalt therapy. Karen is a sought after speaker, both at home in Australia and internationally, on the topic of anxiety in children and teens.
Norvile graduated art school in Lithuania and got a bachelor degree of fine photography in Vilnius Design College. Ever since she can remember, she has been fascinated by childrens storybooks, and especially creative illustrations. She lives in Lithuania
This book provides a strategy for children to strengthen themselves against bullying and peer pressure. It empowers them to stay true to who they are, when they are being pulled to be something different. It opens the way to conversation about peer pressure, bullying, courage and kindness.
- Google Preview content