Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
The Prostate Playbook
Keep It. Healthy
- ISBN-13: 9780987076670
- Author: Allingham, Craig
- Price: AUD 19.95
- Stock: 57 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 18/04/2019
- Format: Paperback (210mm X 148mm) 80 pages Weight: 140g
- Categories: Health & personal development [V]Family & health [VF]Popular medicine & health [VFD]Men's health [VFDM]
- Men diagnosed with prostate cancer, and their partners, are suddenly keen to learn about how they can reduce the need to undergo surgery or radiation treatment by suppressing the growth of the cancer. This book pulls together a range of evidence-based strategies to tip the scales in favour of outlasting the prostate cancer and avoiding the life changing side-effects of incontinence or erectile dysfunction that are associated with treatment. Prof. Craig Allingham brings his experience in high performance training and practical advice to provide a playbook of strategies to avoid or contain prostate cancer. There are three main themes - mental skills, nutrition and physical activity. Based on medical research a range of options are presented for men to make changes to improve their health outcomes. Included are sections on the best type of physical training, the most useful dietary changes and supplements and mental skills to deprive the cancer of energy. Men will learn about alcohol consumption, sugar, cruciferous vegetables, appropriate resistance training, how fast to walk, the value of sleep and much more. The cancer scare raises their awareness and Craig provides the solutions they need in an entertaining and informative style.
- Asst. Prof. Craig Allingham is a men's health physiotherapist with a high performance sports science background. He has worked with four Australian Olympic Teams and brings this expertise of health and preparation to meet the needs of men at risk of prostate cancer. He is a trained speaker, professional educator, bee keeper and motorcyclist. Craig is located in Buderim on the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
- * Around 17,000 new diagnoses of prostate cancer will occur in Australia this year. Many of these men will opt for delayed or no treatment. * This book provides these men with a day-by-day playbook of how to reduce the progression of their cancer. * The author is a renowned men's health physiotherapist and speaker. * His previous book is for men who have undergone prostate cancer treatment (Prostate Recovery MAP - Men's Action Plan) where as this one is for men avoiding or deferring treatment and needing strategies to put the odds in their favour. * This book will be promoted by Urologists and physiotherapists working in Men's Health. * Promotional information will also be sent directly to Men's Sheds across Australia and Prostate Cancer Support Groups. * The author will speak at meetings and conferences as invited based on these mail outs.
- Google Preview content