The Mad Scientist of Australian Hot Rodding: Rod Hadfield
- A man with humble beginnings on the family farm, minimal formal education and no qualifications, but an enormous drive and vision. Along with a very smart, loyal and patient wife! He founded one of the most successful automotive small businesses in Australia, was the initiator of trends, creator some of the most radical, yet immaculately engineered cars this country (and all others) have seen and inspired thousands to modify their own cars.
Often found observing and listening to reactions from a distance with what many misconstrue as a grumpy, dour look on his face, he prefers to let his cars do the talking, and boy do they do get people talking! Following is the story of a name well recognised in the Australian automotive landscape, but a person who very few actually really know.
- Allison Hadfield is a Librarian with over 10 years experience in Local, Academic and Medical Libraries as well as a Research Assistant and Program Director. She has had articles and images published in Library, Sporting and Art Journals and has also created and contributed to self-published Zines. This is her first long-form work. She lives in country Victoria on a 10-acre bush block, has two daughters and is the President of Dragon City Derby Dolls and Bendigo’s Roller Derby League.
Rod also happens to be her dad, but she asks you to not hold that against her!
- 1. The only book about Rod Hadfield
2. Suitable for all motoring enthusiasts
3. Ideal gift for fathers day
Google Preview content