Astronomy 2020 Australia
Your Guide to the Night Sky
- This annual gem (produced each year since 1991) continues to take the Australian stargazer on a wondrous journey of the night sky. This critically acclaimed work, produced by three well known experts in the field, takes a unique approach to explaining and identifying the Sun, Moon, planets and constellations; it is simply the best publication of its type in the world.
- The three authors of the yearbooks: Glenn Dawes, Peter Northfield and Ken Wallace backgrounds stem from a long love affair with the night sky dating back to the 60s & 70s. This amateur interest lead to them becoming long term members of the Astronomical Society of NSW (ASNSW). This association not only fostered their interest in all aspects of amateur astronomy but lead to developing skills in communicating through the various public field nights and the societys publications. This experience with the general public, and the exploring of their needs, formed the platform on which the yearbook concept emerged in the late 80s. Their first yearbook was produced for 1991 and they have produced the book every year since.
- * Written by Australians for Australians.
* This yearbook has been designed for anyone who looks at the night sky whether they are using just their eyes, a pair of binoculars or a telescope.
* There is something for everyone from the basic novice up to the advanced amateur astronomer. This includes those with a casual interest who might just want to know, "what is that bright star next to the Moon?"
* The diagrams use colours that allow them to be read when using a red light (to preserve your night vision).
* New for the 2020 edition, we have included several pages of information for November and December 2019.
Google Preview content