- ISBN-13: 9780994545244
- Publisher/Imprint: MAJOR STREET PUBLISHING
- Author: Ashton, Miles & Currell, Jessica
- Price: AUD 34.95
- Stock: 70 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 09/06/2017
- Format: Paperback (208mm X 138mm) 300 pages Weight: 340g
- Categories: Management: leadership & motivation [KJMB]
The MBA Mindset brings together the best of contemporary management theory and practice into a single easy-to-read one-stop-shop volume. The big issues of tomorrow in leading and managing organisations are addressed by a next generation of industry leaders and entrepreneurs. Indeed, what will jobs look like for the next generation as artificial intelligence changes the very future of work itself?
The MBA Mindset asks and answers the key questions.
• How do professional teams really work - and what can impede best practice performance including the role culture and incentives?
• Can management consultants help us - and if so how?
• Does ethic and gender diversity truly matter?
• Do current leaders even understand diversity and social contract - or should a constant bottom-line focus on dollars and cents take precedence?
• Are the strategies of yesterday still appropriate in a future Trumpian world?
• How can tomorrows leaders innovate for success?
• Is an MBA qualification part of the answer - with strategic procrastination a good thing in charting your career path forward?
This volume includes thought-leadership and reflections of diverse authors fresh from a one-year intensive MBA program. In the process, The MBA Mindset draws from the best of todays management literature to identify the scholarly thinking that is most critical to future success. The book contains practical counsel on how to move forward and implement change. No organisation can ready itself for a transformation in the future of work without considering the drivers of change already emerging today. Are we there yet? No. But adopting the MBA mindset is a critical step along the way. Will your organisation be ready - and will you be the disruptor - or else the disrupted?
Miles Ashton is an accomplished executive manager and finance professional with an international career spanning 20 years’ experience in the marketing and sales of sophisticated financial products. Widely recognised as a focused and dedicated leader, a noteworthy communicator and a persuasive broker who thrives in collaborative work environments. Jessica Currell is an accomplished executive manager and finance professional with an international career spanning 20 years’ experience in the marketing and sales of sophisticated financial products. Widely recognised as a focused and dedicated leader, and a noteworthy communicator.
Series editors are: Allan Trench is Professor of Practice at the UWA Business School, a non-executive director of several resource sector companies – and the Perth representative for CRU Consulting, a division of independent metals and mining advisory CRU Group. He is the author of Strictly Mining Boardroom vols I & II
John Sykes is a an adjunct research fellow at the Centre for Exploration Targeting, The University of Western Australia; as well as director of Greenfields Research, a consultancy focused on exploration, mine project development and mining economics and strategy. John is co-author of Strictly Mining Boardroom vol I
* thought-leading business essays for MBA students and business leaders * Australian content by graduates of a leading Australian business school * entertaining and thought-provoking lessons for aspiring business leaders
- Google Preview content