Woodslane Online Catalogues
Al-Kitaab Part Two with Website PB (Lingco) (3/e Revised Website Access)
A Textbook for Intermediate Arabic
- Al-Kitaab Part Two, Third Edition with Website is the third book in the bestselling Al-Kitaab Arabic Language Program textbook series. Part Two focuses on strengthening reading and writing skills while continuing to grow conversation skills. This comprehensive program is designed for students in second-year or equivalent Arabic courses. The accompanying companion website–included with the book–offers fully integrated exercises to use alongside the text.
- Kristen Brustad was an associate professor of Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin until her retirement in 2019. Mahmoud Al-Batal is a professor of Arabic at the American University of Beirut. Abbas Al-Tonsi is a former senior lecturer at Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar.
- Three varieties of Arabic—Egyptian, Levantine, and formal Arabic—presented using color-coded words and phrases
• Extensive grammar explanations and activation drills, including discussions about colloquial and formal similarities and differences
• Authentic texts that develop reading comprehension skills
• Video dialogues and stories from everyday life in both Egyptian and Levantine to reinforce vocabulary in culturally rich contexts, available to stream on the Publisher’s website
• Continues the story of Maha and Khalid in formal Arabic and Egyptian, and Nasreen and Tariq in Levantine
• Arabic-English and English-Arabic glossaries, reference charts, and a grammar index
Google Preview content