- ISBN-13: 9781742458588
- Publisher/Imprint: AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHIC
- Author: Australian Geographic
- Price: AUD 14.99
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: This book is temporarily out of stock, order will be despatched as soon as fresh stock is received.
- Local release date: 05/01/2017
- Format: Paperback (140mm X 90mm) Weight: 180g
- Categories: Wildlife: general interest [WNC]Australia [1MBF]
- Our unique plants and animals are one of the many reasons people visit our country. Australia has more than 27,700 plant species, 378 mammal species, 828 bird species, 4000 fish species, 300 species of lizards, 140 snake species, two crocodile species and around 50 types of marine mammal. However Australia is also home to some of the most dangerous plants and animals in the world. Our deadliest animals often make the top lists owing to a combination of their venom and defensiveness, as well as their proximity to populated areas. On the face of it, plants may seem innocuous, but about 1000 species of plants in Australia are known to be toxic to animals and humans and plenty more cause skin and eye irritation, rashes or discomfort. Don't wander around Down Under without learning about the 50 most dangerous, deadly and downright dastardly creatures that live here, from our scariest snakes and injury-causing insects to our blood-curdling birds. With animal fact-files, location information and more, Killer Oz is the perfect guide to deadly Australia.
This is the ideal pocket-sized reference guide to Australia’s 50 most deadly for all ages • Full colour throughout and packed with vibrant photographs and distribution maps, identification of species could not be easier • Laminated for durability, this lightweight, pocket-sized folding guide is an excellent source of portable information and ideal for field use by visitors and resident alike.
- Google Preview content