Evenings with Led Zeppelin
The Complete Concert Chronicle 1968 - 1980
- ISBN-13: 9781783057016
Imprint: OMNIBUS PRESS
- Author: Lewis, Dave & Tremaglio, Mieke
- Price: AUD 79.99
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: This book is temporarily out of stock, order will be despatched as soon as fresh stock is received.
- Local release date: 09/10/2018
- Format: Hardback (267mm X 204mm) 560 pages Weight: 2280g
- Categories: Music: styles & genres [AVG]
From their earliest gig in a Denmark school gymnasium on September 7, 1968, through to the last gig that Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones ever performed with John Bonham, in Berlin on July 7, 1980, this is the Led Zeppelin story told from where their legend was forged - live on stage. Deploying impeccable research spread over many years, Dave Lewis brings clarity, authority and perspective to their unique story.
Dave Lewis first heard the music of Led Zeppelin in 1969 at the age of 13. The effect has been a lasting one. He is the editor and founder of the acclaimed magazine, Tight But Loose, which is currently in its 40th year. He is also the author of a number of books on Led Zeppelin and his work has also appeared in Record Collector, Q, Mojo and Classic Rock.
Mike Tremaglio is one of the foremost Led Zeppelin researchers and has chronicled their work over many years in print and on the web. For many years, he wrote popular tour retrospectives for the highly regarded Tight but Loose magazine. He has also contributed to several of co-author Dave Lewiss books and magazine features.
- Between 1968 - 1980 Led Zeppelin performed over 500 concerts in every corner of the world, establishing themselves as the most popular live rock attraction of their era.
- This book explores in great detail the in-concert history of one of the most successful bands of all time.
- Dave Lewis is widely regarded as a foremost authority on Led Zeppelin. He is the editor/publisher of the long running Led Zeppelin magazine.
- Google Preview content