This is the first book on the Wagner Group, the shadowy Russian paramilitary organisation that fought in Ukraine and staged a surprise uprising against Vladimir Putin on 23-24 June. It has been involved in conflicts in Syria, Libya, the Central African Republic, Venezuela and Mali, committing war crimes, rape, robbery of civilians, and torture. Yevgeny Prigozhin, a businessman with close links to the Kremlin, admitted in September 2022 that he "founded" the paramilitary group. Owen Wilson investigates its history and who is really behind the group as it clearly isn’t Vladimir Putin.
Owen Wilson started his writing career at the FINANCIAL TIMES and the author of several books on organised crime. He has provided news comment on British, Australian, New Zealand and US broadcasters and media. His most recent book is the acclaimed The Killer Prince: The Chilling Special Operation to Assassinate Washington Post Journalist Jamal Khashoggi
* The first book on the controversial Wagner Group, the Russian mercenaries led by Yevgeny Prighozin who rose up against Putin and got away with it.
* Written by former Financial Times journalist Owen Wilson who specialises in organised crime.
* Based on interviews, little known facts and first-hand accounts.
* Shocking revelations on the cruel and vicious methods deployed by the mercenaries to do the Kremlin’s bidding until they didn’t.
* Strong review and serial interest.