MacBook in easy steps 5/e
covers macOS Sierra
- ISBN-13: 9781840787450
- Publisher/Imprint: IN EASY STEPS
- Author: Vandome, Nick
- Price: AUD 27.99
- Stock: 19 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 07/04/2017
- Format: Paperback (227mm X 186mm) 192 pages Weight: 420g
- Categories: Computer hardware [UK]Macintosh [UKPM]Macintosh OS [ULH]
MacBook in easy steps, 5th edition focuses on this area of mobile computing and contains all of the information the reader needs to use a MacBook for both business and pleasure. The book looks at the specifications and hardware of MacBooks and details how to get up and running with this attractive, stylish and highly functional laptop. It covers the Mac operating system in detail, including how to use the internet and email, networking and sharing with family members. In order to get the most out of a MacBook there is also a chapter about using it as a fully mobile device, on the road, in the office or on holiday. MacBook in easy steps, 5th edition covers the new features in the new macOS Sierra operating system, which include:
- Siri, Apples Digital Personal Assistant, is now available in macOS Sierra.
- The Photos app has improved face, object and subject recognition and the new Memories function groups photos by experiences and can even turn them into movies.
- Text messages in the Messages app can be created with a wider range of content, including enhanced emojis and full-screen animations.
- The iTunes interface has been enhanced to fully incorporate Apple Music and it is now easier to find and organize music.
- Apple Pay, Apples contactless payment system, can be used for online shopping, using the Safari browser with macOS Sierra.
- Universal Clipboard. This function enables you to copy an item on your Mac and then paste it into another Apple device, such as an iPhone or an iPad, if they are using iOS 10.
- iCloud Drive has been enhanced so that it can be used to store the Desktop and Documents folders from your Mac, thus making them available on other compatible devices.
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and Web authoring subjects. In addition to writing, he also designs websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad. An established In Easy Steps author with several successful guides to his credit, he lives in Perth, U.K.
- Apple products have become increasingly visible and popular in recent years, partly as a result of high-profile devices such as the iPod, iPad and iPhone. However, Apples computing lines have also enjoyed increased exposure and sales, including their laptop range, known as MacBooks. These have also benefited from the general move from desktop computers to laptops.
- This 5th edition covers macOS Sierra (version 10.12) and therefore does not replace MacBook in easy steps, 4th edition, 9781840786040, which covers OS X El Capitan (10.11).
- Google Preview content