Create Your First Website in easy step
Bartlett, Darryl & Aldridge, PaulNew Series: The QuestKids
- ISBN-13: 9781840788198
- Publisher/Imprint: IN EASY STEPS
- Author: Bartlett, Darryl & Aldridge, Paul
- Price: AUD 14.99
- Stock: 170 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 11/07/2018
- Format: Paperback (295mm X 228mm) 72 pages Weight: 440g
- Categories: Computer programming / software development [UM]
- Who are The QuestKids (R)? Dan Devices and Tiffany Tech are the best of friends, and an amazing team who love to explore and help each other whenever they can. Dan adores devices; Tiff loves tech, and both are on a constant quest to learn new things and look for fun and adventure in everything they do. The friends are joined by their pets, Smuffy and Chew-Chew, who help them out in their own special way. Together, they are The QuestKids! Using a great storyline and delightful images, Create Your First Website in easy steps will teach key aspects of building a website. Join the gang at Earth's most famous space centre, and follow their quest to design a website to power a new planet. Along the way children will learn how to: Master HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) basics: Page Titles Page Headings Paragraphs Links Lists Images Tables Page Structure Navigation Styling Launch their new website. Children will only need a computer or a laptop, a text editor, a web browser, and an internet connection. A supporting website (thequestkids.com) will provide them with downloadable resources and additional interactive learning. The coding steps are shown in the familiar In Easy Steps style, and presented in child-friendly language. By the end of the book, children will have a fully-functional website and a great book to refer back to for future projects.
Darryl Bartlett has a wide experience in the world of web design and development especially using the WordPress platform. He first got into Web Development during his studies where he was building basic websites using HTML. He has since gone on to build his skill set and worked with top professional Web Development companies. He also builds websites for local businesses on a freelance basis, and works on apps for various platforms. Darryl is also the author of WordPress in easy steps.
Paul Aldridge’s interest in writing for children began whilst reading numerous picture books to his young son. He became inspired and motivated to try writing for myself. So he dived right in and began to conjure up ideas and put pen to paper. His journey then began with authoring Mascots! Go for Gold, the official children’s picture book for Para Athletics Championships 2017.
Ben Barter is a creative illustrator. He has worked for a range of clients, big and small, on a wide variety of projects and has a deep understanding of the use of staging, framing and building a story within the illustration to capture the viewer’s attention. His credits include working with Paul on the storyline and illustrations for Mascots! Go for Gold.
- Coding for children has become a popular area in computing books.
- By creating a storyline about an area children are interested in, this guide will make coding fun.
- Supported by a designated website for downloadable resources and further interactive learning.
- The series is developed and designed by the In Easy Steps Team.
- Google Preview content