Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
Scratch Programming in easy steps
- ISBN-13: 9781840788594
IN EASY STEPS
Imprint: IN EASY STEPS
- Author: McManus, Sean
- Price: AUD 27.99
- Stock: 32 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 15/01/2020
- Format: Paperback (227mm X 186mm) 216 pages Weight: 480g
- Categories: Programming & scripting languages: general [UMX]Hobbies, quizzes & games (Children's / Teenage) [YNV]
Scratch Programming in easy steps, 2nd edition, now fully updated for Scratch 3, is packed with ideas and games that illustrate what’s possible with Scratch. It introduces the reader to Scratch essentials and then walks them through the commands to create games and animations that’ll impress. They will learn how to:
- Build games that require skill, knowledge or quick fingers
- Add music
- Create eye-catching visual effects
- Keep score
- Avoid common pitfalls and learn how to fix bugs
Includes examples of using the micro:bit to control Scratch projects and using text-to-speech to speak aloud – new features in Scratch 3.0.
Sean McManus writes inspiring books about business and technology. His books include Web Design in easy steps and he has written for magazines including The MagPi, Raspberry Pi Geek, and Internet Magazine. Sean is also a Code Club volunteer
- Scratch is a programming language that is widely used on the Raspberry Pi and in UK schools.
- This 2nd edition is fully updated for Scratch 3.0, the latest version of Scratch. Includes examples of using the micro:bit to control Scratch projects and using text-to-speech to speak aloud – new features in Scratch 3.0.
- No prior knowledge is needed, so it’s ideal for the beginner programmer.
- Suitable for children aged 8+.
- Google Preview content