Woodslane 2020 Travel and Outdoor Catalogue
Android Phones for Seniors in easy steps
Updated for Android v7 Nougat
- Android Phones for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd edition starts with a detailed look at the different versions of Android, and the range of models of phones that are available. It also explains the relationship with Google and the services that can be used with an Android phone.
The book looks at using the interface of an Android phone including:
* Using Home screens
* Organizing apps
* Viewing notifications
* Locking the phone
* Searching for items
* Accessing the range of Android settings
* Syncing with other Android Devices
The book also covers all aspects of the standard communication functions that are now commonplace on smartphones:
* Making and receiving calls
* Making video calls
* Sending text messages
* Adding contacts
* Sending emails
* Browsing the web
Android phones are excellent for a range of mobile entertainment, and the book shows how to listen to music, watch videos and read books. It also deals with taking and viewing photos so that readers can use their Android phone as a replacement for a digital camera. Due to the range of versions of Android and models of phones, Android phones can sometimes appear a bit of a maze. However, Android Phones for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd edition provides a clear guide to navigate through the issues and ensure that the reader can get the most out of their Android phone, whichever version it is.
- Nick Vandome: Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad. Nick is an established In Easy Steps author with several successful guides to his credit.
- * Android is the mobile operating system that is used on the majority of smartphones worldwide. It is a robust and versatile operating system that can be used by any manufacturer to add to their handsets. This means that there is a wide range of Android phones available and also different versions of Android that run on them.
* The book is based on Android Nougat v7, as this is the most widely-used Android operating system at the moment, and is suitable for use with all Android phones.
* Written with the Senior reader in mind, and presented in larger print for easier reading.
Google Preview content