The Structure of Plants Revealed
- ISBN-13: 9781908337443
- Publisher/Imprint: CLEARVIEW
- Author: Honey, Robbie
- Price: AUD 39.99
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: This book is temporarily out of stock, order will be despatched as soon as fresh stock is received.
- Local release date: 20/06/2018
- Format: Hardback (253mm X 195mm) 160 pages Weight: 820g
- Categories: Trees, wildflowers & plants [WNP]
Global adventurer Robbie Honey has spent the last ten years dissecting some of the worlds most exotic flowers. No plant is beyond his reach; whether growing deep in the Amazon rainforest or by the roadside in a Harare suburb, Robbie will jump, climb and clamber over whatever lies in his way to secure his floral prize. Dissecting the flower then and there, Robbie creates a miniature photographic portrait of each one following the traditional rules of botany, but with an aesthetic flair that transforms them into contemporary art.
Robbie Honey has been immersed in botanical pursuits since he was a young boy roaming the wild grasslands of Zimbabwe. These adventures developed his already keen visual and olfactory senses and instilled in him a lifelong fascination with flowers and their scents. By the age of seventeen, he was studying horticulture and went on to work in the floriculture trade in Holland and Kenya. Honing his creative sensibilities further, he studied interior design and photography at art school in Cape Town. Moving to London he trained with floral designer Ming Veevers Carter and gained a thorough grounding in event floristry. Setting out on his own at twenty-five, Hermès was his first fashion client, followed by Dior and Armani, establishing Robbie Honey as an in-demand florist within the fashion industry. With this rare combination of expertise: in botany, floristry and the visual arts, he started lecturing around the world on floristry and writing for the Wall Street Journal.
- Over 100 flowers and plants are dissected, and organised into chapters on colour - reds, purples, whites, yellows, blues - together with information on what they are, where found, how to use them and other unusual facts - Robbies Instagram feed has inspired over 20K loyal followers who are passionate about his flower dissections and the way he photographs them.
- Google Preview content